How to structure my account to facilitate my customers purchasing 10DLC numbers through me?

Hey there! I’m Jonas.
I’m building an SMS marketing platform that will allow non-technical business owners to easily purchase 10DLC numbers and begin sending promotional texts. Since my service could (hopefully) attract many users, this will require many different campaigns and phone numbers all going through my account. I’m not 100% sure that this is feasible through the SignalWire API’s. I could potentially have thousands of campaigns and phone numbers.

From what I understand, I have the option to register as a CSP with the Campaign Registry or let SignalWire register these campaigns for me via the API. My two questions are these:

1. On my account, through SignalWire, can I facilitate a high number of phone number purchases and brand/campaign registrations that are not my own?
  2. If I use the “Reseller persona” that I learned of in the SignalWire FAQ’s, would it be easier to just use SignalWire’s API to register these brands/campaigns instead of becoming a CSP?

Thank you in advance for your help on this!

Hey Jonas! Below I have provided some answers to your questions!

1. On my account, through SignalWire, can I facilitate a high number of phone number purchases and brand/campaign registrations that are not my own?

Yes! You absolutely can, as you would be purchasing/registering on behalf of your customers to provide them with a service. There is no issue with doing this, and we have many clients that do the exact same!

1. If I use the “Reseller persona” that I learned of in the SignalWire FAQ’s, would it be easier to just use SignalWire’s API to register these brands/campaigns instead of becoming a CSP?

That would be completely up to you on which would be easier for your day-to-day operations. I can tell you though that The Campaign Registry has an API for CSP’s to create Campaigns in their portal too, so realistically, you could utilize either method. The main difference between being a CSP or using SignalWire to register your Campaign, I would say would just be to have control over your own Brand & Campaign creations and be able to view the corresponding details in The Campaign Registry.

If you have any more questions, I would definitely recommend opening up a support ticket as we monitor those very closely! We could also set up a phone call to go over this information in more detail, if that is something you would be interested in!

Awesome, thank you so much!